Saturday, May 8, 2010

Luck? Nope- It's a God Thing...

My sister (Candy) and I went out for dinner Saturday night and as we were leaving Candy received a phone call from my niece.  She was ecstatic..  Her older brother (Jeff) had been in a accident and things didn't look good.  She was sure he had internal injuries and a brain injury.. 

We were at the hospital in no time..  Thinking the worse-- when the nurse called for the Elder family we followed the hospital personnel to a room..  With us being called in "the" room our minds all drifted back to the day we were told our mom was not going to make it and we needed to say our good-byes.  As my brother-in-law started crying out to God...  My heart sank..  My sister is not well, and it was the first time I had saw her in a year and she had shrunk to 94 pounds.  I got down on my knees and I grabbed her hand and I prayed for peace for my sister and brother in law.  I had got this feeling while walking back to the room that everything was going to be fine..  It had been about 3-4 minutes but it felt like 30 before the Dr. came in.

The Dr. told us, he is going to be fine.. He had a concussion and 1 fractured rib..  "Praise the Lord"..   She told us they wanted to keep him over night due to the concussion.  God is so good.  He actually showed up at our Mother's Day picnic yesterday and he was up walking around.  He is a little sore and had lots of bruises and scratches... But he is doing just fine..  Just fine I say



No comments: