Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Publix

To all my readers..tehe... I went to Publix last week and scored mucho groceries for $4.26.  I actually had $86.48 of groceries.  I saved $82.22 cents.  I have gotten really good at the couponing.  This is what I have learned.....

1. You can never learn enough...
2. You can get the BOGO and use two coupons and basically get both items for next to nothing.  (You have to be smart about this and really look at your coupons, make sure they can be doubled)
3. I can make money on some of the items I purchase with the manufacturers coupons and the store coupons. (Publix takes competitors- so you can really rack up at target)
4. review the stores coupons policies before you go and for the cashiers and managers that don't even know there own coupon policy it helps to have a copy of them.
5. Try to go to the same cashier who you know will not give you a hard time with your coupons.  Publix in the Hilcrest area is much friendlier than the one in Duncan..
6. Have your coupons ready along with your list.. 
7. Spend time planning what you are going to purchase and which stores have the best deals.  Research, Research, Research.
8.  When there are several items that you will make money on...  You use the overages to buy the things you want but don't have a coupon for such as your meat... Hamburger, Pork Chops, etc..
9.  Have a budget and stick to it..
10. When you can get good deals on toiletries have a stock pile.  Toilet paper, soaps, etc will not go bad.
11.  Don't worry if your coupons expires, I am hearing that they will come back around in about 6 weeks.

If you have some suggestions let me know...  Happy Couponing


  

3 comments:

Ashlee said...

You go girl!
Maybe you and I should do the coupon seminar together!

Ashlee said...

I meant to ask you...does Publix take Target coupons from you? Everytime I go in, they will not accept mine? Just let me know.
Thanks!

Together We Save said...

You did really well!! I am loving the coupon thing since I have figured it all out!!