Thursday, March 13, 2008

Stuff

As I posted earlier, My daughter eloped on Valentines Day!! She left most of her belongings, except enough clothes for few days, behind. When she came back a few days later to get her "stuff" I am thinking she left more than she took. After she left with everything she wanted, take a look at what was left behind.
We have stuffed animals from ex-boyfriends, that she would not part with, trophies from little league, barbie dolls that I would have killed her if she got rid of.... stereo system from her car, all kinds of knick-knacks that she has had since she was 5 or 6 years old. Notebooks from middle school, purses that she has had for 500 years, T-shirts for all the years she played little league.

The funny thing is, I told her a few years ago to get rid of that stuff but she would not part with it.. They were memories for her.. I don't blame her I am the same way.. But now that she has left the house and is making new memories what do I do with this "stuff"- I will feel bad if I throw it away, but I can't hang on to all of this..

If you have any ideas, how about jumping over to my daughters blog and let her know
http://www.sheardelight.blogspot.com/
















3 comments:

Ashlee said...

I don't save anything anymore...other than baby clothes of Tanner's and a few of his "special" toys. I have learned that all that stuff...is just stuff and to throw it away! Once I do, I feel liberated and have space for something else.

I used to keep everything, too...but I guess watching way too much 'Clean House' has had an effect on me!

Erica said...

I didn't see all that the other day, I really do still need some of that!!!

Anonymous said...

I personally think she should get rid of it anyhting that can be used by someone she should donate its that whole whatever you give away you will get. my family does it all the time and it really does work. if you give away books you get books, give away clothes you get clothes etc.