Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines Day for my Loves

Today is Valentines Day...  Valentines Day means different things to different people.  This is what Wilkipedia says about Valentines Day

  an annual holiday held on February 14 celebrating love and affection between intimate companions.The holiday is named after one or more early Christian martyrs named Valentine and was established by Pope Gelasius I in AD 496. It is traditionally a day on which lovers express their love for each other by presenting flowers, offering confectionery, and sending greeting cards (known as "valentines"). The holiday first became associated with romantic love in the circle of Geoffrey Chaucer in the High Middle Ages, when the tradition of courtly love flourished.

Since my children have been born, the holiday took different meaning to me.. It was not that much of an intimate companion holiday as it was showing my love to everyone.  Which we should do everyday anyway,

When I was younger and was dating it was about the opposite sex sending me flowere and or buying me candy.  After the kiddies were born I think the focus was more on them.. Making sure we had the girls something for Valentines day..  I am not one into gift receiving anyway..  I had much rather give than receive. 

This year I purchased both of my daughters a necklace, which I hope shows them how deeply I love them.. I don't know if they will wear them, but the gift was special to me...



It is a sterling silver necklace with the words Mother, Daughter, Friend....

To both of my sweethearts.. I love you both very much......

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

What a sweet gift. You are always so thoughtful.