Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Altima

My 02 Altima that I owe approx. $1000.00 on and it will be paid for. Well, it is about to quit on me. It figures though. Just when you think you are gonna be set and not have a car payment you find out that your car needs some major work. Like replacing the motor. I have several people looking for a motor and thus far 3 have been found. But the thing is, it will cost me 1800 for a motor. That is not including the labor to put the motor in..

If it could only last me a few more months then I could save for the 1800.00 and not have to borrow the money.. I found out through a friend of a friend that the Altima motors are just not any good. That was really reassuring.. LOL... I'm planning on borrowing the money from my 401K and getting the motor put in.. I just hope it will last me a good 5 years. Did I mention that the car uses about 5 quarts of oil a week, it cuts off at red-lights, stop signs, the drive-thrus, and just about anywhere when I take my foot off the gas to stop. So I have learned to drive with two feet. That is one foot on the brake and one foot on the gas. It is a technique, you know...LOL


Last Friday when I took LuLu to school, of course it cut off on me when I dropped her off, the two boys were standing there and they started laughing at me.. uuuurrrrrrgggghhhh. It made me so mad, I wanted to jump out of my car and ask these punks where there car was... Then I got a grip and just started my car and was on my merry way.. It is really nerve racking driving two footed.. You have to know exactly when to press the gas pedal harder than you press the break pedal. Which if not done at the right time could either send you into a building or worse into a stopped car in front of you..LOL...

Hopefully I will have my car running good in a few more weeks. I am hoping that one of the friends I have looking, will find a cheaper priced motor. Until then, if you see me behind you at a stop sign or traffic light.. MOVE OUT OF MY WAY....

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

Hopefully you can get the car fixed for a good deal and you will be cruising the streets in no time...with one foot on the gas and the other on the floor! HA!
Love ya, girl!

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha... you are so funny. Jeff and I know where you are on the car deal.. his vehicle is in the same condition.. it is paid for but needs 1000 in repairs. What to do? Good luck, we will keep an eye out for a motor..

Heather