Sunday, September 14, 2008

1 Year

All week long I was dreading Saturday. It marked the one year anniversary of my brothers death. I have thought about him alot this past week. Remembering his warm smile and his beautiful eyes, always brings a smile to my face and a tears to my eyes. When I think back on September 13th, 2007 I get sick. I can still see his body laying in the car, with all the blood on his seat. I can see it like it was yesterday..

As Saturday drew closer I thought what will I do to keep my mind off of him. God took care of that for me.. He had a plan for my day. My good friends and I went shopping and kept my mind busy. They probably don't even realize that they helped me in such a tremendous way. I stayed busy most of the day and when I came home I ate dinner with Lindsey and we watched a little TV and I climbed in the bed around 9:15, which is my normal bedtime. I lied in bed for just a few minutes before I drifted off to sleep. The thoughts in my mind were of the good times I had with Todd. I could see him at the front door with the great big smile on his face, just tickled to see me.. I could hear him telling me he loved me.. He would say "Love ya Girl". He was so quick to tell me he loved me..

Thank you Lord, for making my day a great one. Thank you for the wonderful memories of my brother, thank you for the Friends you sent to me that day. Thank you for loving me when I need it the most..

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

I had a great time hanging out on Saturday...we got Rooter's house looking pretty good! Thanks for all your help, too! Take care and always hold on to the good times of Todd! That is what will get you through.