Thursday, January 17, 2008

Christian Living

Whatever you think, both in joy and in woe,
Think nothing you would not want Jesus to know.
Whatever you say in a whisper or clear,
Say nothing you would not want Jesus to hear.
Whatever you sing in the midst of your glee,
Sing nothing God's listening ear would displease.
Whatever you write with haste or with heed
Write nothing you would not want Jesus to read.
Whatever you read, though the page may allure,
Read nothing, unless you are perfectly sure
Consternation would not be seen in your look,
If Christ should say, solemnly, "Show me that book."
Wherever you go, never go where you would fear
God's question being asked you,
"What doest thou here?"
Have you ever found yourself somewhere, where you know for a fact you should not be there. Oh my gosh, what if so and so saw me here. What would they think? Come on, you know you have said that to yourself when you know you were somewhere you should not be. We are always afraid of what so and so is going to think about us. You know that is sorta hypocritical. What does it matter what they say or think if they see you there. Shoot they are there too. The important thing is what does Jesus think about where you are at.

What about the TV programs you watch at home. I mean, come on now, we are in the privacy of our home not offending no one. What is the big deal? You are watching programs that you know you shouldn't be, and the bad thing is you are talking about it at work with co-workers you have probably witnessed to or invited to church. We should be ashamed. We bring shame to the name of Jesus.
I go to church with a lady who has taken all the televisions out of her house. She does not watch TV at all nor does she let her children. I'm thinking she is a freak. She can't shelter her children from the world. That is really what most of us say. You know why, we are looking for an excuse not to remove the satan boxes from our home.. Really now, you know you are not sitting around watching Christian TV all day. Bravo!! to this lady, for taking a stand. The more I thought about it the more I respected her for taking a stand. She told me she did not want to expose her children to satan. If they are exposed to him through the tv, it will be outside her home. What you think she is weird, or that her children will be weird because they grew up not watching Sponge Bob Square Pants. Tell me one good thing your child learned from watching it? I bet you can't.
What about the books we ready! Ouch!! I read Fern Michaels. I am thinking they are really not that bad. But every night I do read right before I go to bed. Some nights I do read my study bible instead, tell me that counts for something? But I know I should be reading God's word instead of Fern Michaels. I know for a fact that I can learn alot more from God's word than I can from Fern Michaels. (nothing against Fern) But what does Jesus think about me barely squeezing my daily devotion in the mornings barely spending 10 minutes in his word. I know he is not pleased with that. What about the time I spend on line. I could be studying his word then too.
Let's face it... We have no room to judge anyone. I mean gosh, look at how we say something about somebody. What about the junk we watch on TV. What about the things we talk about with co-workers. What about the places some of us go. Yes, we fail everyday!!!
Father,
Teach us to be more like you. Teach us to be careful where we go, what we say, what we watch on TV and what we read. I think about the song I use to sing when I was a child. Not really knowing then what it meant, but fully understanding now. Oh be careful little feet where you go, Oh be careful little eyes what you see, oh be careful little ears what you hear, Oh be careful little mouth what you say. What a wonderful song. Thank you father for your forgiveness. Thank you for loving me, even when I fail you. Draw me closer to you, teach me to be more like you.
Teach me to be more aware of the things that are displeasing to you. I love you father. Be with mama. Continue to strengthen her. Thank you for what you have already done. You have truly performed a miracle in her life. You brought her through the valley, and I thank you for that. Thank you for my family and friends. Bless each one of them in a special way. Protect Justin, convict his heart.
I ask these things in your name
amen

No comments: