Wednesday, December 5, 2007

My Gift From God

This is Tianna Robbins- She is witty- you never know what this kid is going to say. She is a clown- always making people laugh. She plays basketball for Chesnee Middle School. She is a straight A student. She is my daughters angel and an answer to my prayers. We love her to death . When this kid is around there is never a dull moment!!!


We changed churches and Lindsey was in the youth group. Randy and I knew this was where God had called us to serve. Lindsey is a quiet person until you get to know her. She had closed up and I was beginning to think, maybe this is not where God had called us to serve. I started praying and I had several women at church praying.
I am a true believer in prayer


We were praying for God to send a special friend to our little Lindsey. I know how kids want to belong to something. She wanted to belong but she lacked the social skills to communicate with the older girls. We started having the girls over at our house and getting to know them. It wasn't long and Lindsey was feeling the love of the others in the group.

The youth Minister (James Henderson) started going to Lindsey's school and eating lunch with her and he would hang out with her after church. Things happened and Lindsey fell right in with the others. A big thanks to James for taking a interest in Lindsey. Letting go and letting God is difficult thing to do, but he knows best and he is always in control.




Tianna will always have a special place in our hearts. I am pretty certain she will be in our lives for a long, long time....



No comments: