Thursday, December 27, 2007

Florida or Bust

As I prepare for our trip to Florida, I am somewhat apprehensive about going. Oh sure it will be great being in 80 degree weather. But, I will miss home.. I am looking forward to the silly things that teenagers do and staying in the room with 3 of the coolest kids will be lots of excitement. That would be Taylor, Sara & Tara. You guys wanted me in your room, so I hope you will not be disappointed.. The quitting smoking thing is what is going to be a kicker. No smoking on the premises.

I went to the Dr last week to get Channtix. This is the new stop smoking drug. I hope it works. I hear that you have crazy dreams while taking the medicine. Like I need anything to help me have crazy dreams. So, when I wake up in the middle of the night screaming, hitting, kicking, laughing, biting, exhausted, cross-eyed, crying, or sweating I hope the girls don't take it personal. I am picking it up today at CVS. I will let you know how I did with it.. My goal was to have stopped before the trip, but I kept putting off going to the doctor. Please pray that I can do it this year.

We are leaving the church at 12:00 a.m. on the dot, so James says. I don't see it happening. I have been busy making cookies for the long bus trip. I sure hope those kids will fall asleep on the way. My plans are to sleep on the way. I know, I know, it will not happen. Why am I even thinking like that for. When you get 32 teenagers together it will take a while for them to settle down to go to sleep. I'm hoping they all have I-pods and will sit still and listen to them. I know wishful thinking again.

I have never been on a chartered bus, James said it was nice. I don't know who he is tying to fool, but my mama did not raise no fool. I know it will be nothing like being in my bed at night. But hopefully it will lift me up spiritually. James really loves these youth conventions. He got called into the youth ministry while attending one when he was in high school. I could really use some spiritual up-lifting.

I hope we get a chance to go to the beach and take a stroll. That would just make the trip so much more beautiful. I will have plenty of pictures and lots of news to post when I get back. I wish you all a Happy New Year, that is to my 3 readers.




Until next time!!!

No comments: