Monday, August 4, 2008

Good Ole Gatlinburg, TN




We escaped to Gatlinburg this past weekend. I just up and decided I wanted to go. I would have loved to been up there in those beautiful mountains by myself, but it does not work like that.

Randy, Lindsey, Tianna, Erica and Adam joined me. The ride up there was very pleasant. We woke up on Saturday morning to find there was no water. We were not able to take a bath, make coffee:( (you would not like me without my coffee) I made a quick dash to the grocery store to get some water. We had breakfast, sat around on the back porch for a few hours and still not water. What to do now? We all needed a shower....

We had to go to the club house to shower, which was not at all fun. The shower stalls were so small. No even enough room to turn around in them. The water finally came on around 4:00. So much for Cabins4you.com . I was not going to let this ruin my trip though. We went shopping (which is my favorite thing to do) . Grabbed a bite to eat and then headed to Gatlinburg so Lindsey & Tianna could escape mom & dad. We gave them a couple of hours to hang out without us tagging along.

Not the best trip I have taken to Gatlinburg, but it was time away from Spartanburg and the long weekends that I so dread these days. Life seems to have taken a toll on me these days, but when I am spending time with my kids, it gets me through!!

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

Oh, I miss our Gatlinburg trips!