Tuesday, January 1, 2008

I SURVIVED!!!!

Lindsey and I were real excited about the trip. Just to get away for a few days was great.



We made it back. I had a great time, but I am very exhausted. The bus ride is what done me in. I just re-couped from the bus ride to Orlando. Only to be tortured for 11 more hours for the trip back to Spartanburg. But let me tell you!! It was great. Just so you can be jealous. I laid out in the sun on Saturday..... The weather was absolutely beautiful. God really blessed us while we were there.






James done it up good on the planning part, as far as traveling at night. The kids slept most of the way. We arrived in Orlando about 9:00. a.m. on Friday morning.


We stopped at Golden Coral for a wonderful breakfast buffet. I got a few shots of some of the kids enjoying their fellowship time after being cramped on the bus for 11 hours. Here we have Steven, Sara, Kaitlyn & Scotty. On the phone is James.







Here we have Tianna, Lindsey & Sara. Tianna is always laughing or trying to make someone laugh. This kid is the bomb..... Once the plates were full these kids were doing some serious eating.










These are the Cisney brothers. Brandon (aka Sweeney) and Derick. These are two of the coolest!! Derick always trying to pick up the ladies. He is a for sure ladies man. NOT!!







JaMichael , Brandon, Zac, & Jeffrey


After breakfast we headed off to the motel. Where we waited until 3:00 to check in- It was a long wait. We stayed here at a 4 star motel. It was very elegant. The decor was gorgeous. Between the wait we went to the IZone area. Which was a room full of inflatables. It was a lot of fun for the youth. I got one pic while we were there and that is of Presley preparing to bungee jump.





The theme for the convention this year was "Set Apart". Encouraging youth to be different from the world. I will post on this later, I personally think it deserves its on post. Great theme. This was the first Wesleyan youth convention I have been a part of. It was great!! Great speakers and great worship. The bands were awesome too. I was very impressed with the program and what it had to offer the youth.



Speaking of being Set Apart, this is Adam Robbins. An 18 year old who graduated from Chesnee High school in 07. This young man was a chaperon on the trip this year. He is a great role model. Just an all around good kid. God has called him into the youth ministry. He is already teaching the youth on Wednesday nights he also has a small group on Sunday nights. I am very impressed with how God is using this young man. He is definitely Set Apart!!!



Until next time....

2 comments:

Erica said...

Ya'll are gay.

& I like how you & lindsey like to wear mine & adam's clothes all the time =).

Ashlee said...

I'm glad ya'll had a great time!
I wish I could have laid out in the sun on Saturday...instead of cleaning up puke! I'm not jealous...really!!! :) HA!